Monday 17 February 2014

The Face Shop and Don Quijote Trip.

Yesterday I went to The Face Shop and Don Quijote, so I thought I would make a short post of the things I got.

Here's the overview of everything.


It wasn't a lot of things yet they still managed to burn a hole in my pocket.

Let's start looking at them shall we.

First up is this Lovely Me:ex Makeup Base in 02 Violet from The Face Shop.



On the back it says "This makeup base provides a soft, refreshing, and radiant skin base with no sense of tightening." 
I put a bit on my hand in the store, and it was a very creamy light purple colour which blended out really nicely.
I've yet to use it with makeup but in the near future I will, and I'll provide more details and pictures of the actual product.

Next up are two nail polishes, also from The Face Shop.


The mint colour is simply Green 509, and the pink with sparkle is 05 Strawberry. (Or on the actual tab "straberry") 
Now I really like The Face Shop and Nature Republic nail polishes because they dry very quickly.
They also chip extremely easily, but if you cover it with a brush of clear nail polish, you're good to go. 
I tend to mess up nails that take anything more than two-three minutes to dry. 
They're very thin nail polishes so I suggest at least two, ideally three coats, topped with clear. 

Now the green colour is just your average polish, but the pink one is slightly thicker and has lots of little multicolour glitter bits, it's also translucent, so it's more of a top coat kind of thing. 
I have it on right now, over some white nails, and so far the only problem I've had with it is that its a little streaky. (Most likely my less-than-impressive nail polish skills.) 
It's super cute, but we'll see how it holds up. 

Next is this lip tint, also from The Face Shop, Lovely Me:ex Milky Tint in 02 Baby Peach. 





Besides the absolutely adorable packaging, it's small and convenient for your travel makeup bag.
There were two other colours in this line, one being a mango colour, and the other a bright pink.
I've been wanting a coral/peach/orange based lip tint for ages, and finally decided to just buy one. (Oh my aching wallet)

The colour came out great.


Despite the face that that is literally one of the worst pictures in existence, I assure you it's a very nice, light peachy colour, not too yellow, and it lasts for a long time.
I put it on my hand earlier today and it's still going strong, hours and hours later.
The slight shimmer effect has worn off but the colour is still there.

Again, from The Face Shop I got a Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam in Acerola (aka cherry if you couldn't tell from the picture on the bottle...




I recently bought an oil cleanser by Softymo, which is absolutely great, however, I don't like using oil products every day, which is why I went and bought this cleansing cream. 
As you can see against the light, the bottle isn't entirely full, but you really only need a small bit to lather over your entire face, so I would expect this to last about the same as any other face wash. 
I used this last night, and it smelled great, left my skin soft and clean, and was an overall good face cleaner. 
The one thing I would point out is that it wasn't that great at removing makeup, so I wouldn't use this for a clean makeup removal. (Which is where my oil cleanser comes in) 


The last things I got from The Face Shop were some samples.
God, I love how they always give samples.



Here's a picture of two of them, and the other thing was a little pouch of Absainte Eco-Therapy The Golden Ring Serum, made with bamboo sap and palm oil, which I forgot to take a close up of! 
The items pictured above are a set of Green Tea Waterfull products, the small packet being a serum, and the box containing the two bottles, one of toner and one of lotion. 
I have yet to use them but I'll let you know how they worked out. 


Now on to the Don Quijote things!

I bought a plain white NYX Retractable Eyeliner which I didn't take a close up of. 
I've been wanting one for a while, and I finally just bought one after complains on why a white eyeliner should cost anything near the almost five dollars it was.

I'm not a huge false eyelashes fan, (they tend to stick to my hooded eyes and make for a messy makeup experience) but I decided to try give them another try. 
The first ones I got were.. A nameless brand. 


They were just hanging kind of under all the Dolly Wink and more expensive brands, so I just picked out a couple and tossed them in my basket. 
They aren't the best quality, and they don't come with glue, but I just got them to play around with, so I'm not too fussed. 

The next ones were a bit more pricey. UBU Lash Stax Individual False Eyelashes.  


I've been kinda wanting to try out individual lashes for a while now, so I picked out a slightly better brand than my previous lashes.  
I love the look of placing them below your eyes for that big-eyed look, so I'll definitely be trying that out soon. 

And I think that's the end of my small haul.
I'll do a post in the future on how these products worked out for me, and below is a list of the products and their prices. 

Thanks for reading! 
Bye~ 


Products and prices;  (Everything in USD)

THE FACE SHOP 
Lovely Me:ex Makeup Base in 02 Violet - $5.00 
Lovely Me:ex Green 509 Nail Polish - $2.00
Lovely Me:ex 05 Strawberry Nail Polish - $4.00
Lovely Me:ex Milky Tint in 02 Baby Peach - $11.00 
Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam in Acerola - $5.00

DON QUIJOTE
Nameless Lashes - $0.99 each
UBU Lash Stax Individual False Eyelashes (60 pcs) - $2.49
NYX Retractable White Eyeliner - $4.49





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I'll try get back to you as soon as I can~