Sunday 15 February 2015

California Trip pt. 4

*tap tap*

Is this thing on?

So I've been gone so long I bet you thought I had forgotten and completely abandoned this right?
RIGHT WRONG!
I mean I don't even have an excuse I'm just really really bad at sticking to things.
Anyway I'll make a post later updating on everything that's been going on in the past five months, but for now let's go on to the next portion of my California trip (which happened almost a year ago...)

-

So this time we went to Old Sacramento, which is about half an hour from where I was staying.

It's is the absolute most quaint little town thing ever and I loved it.
The entrance was this adorable arch.



It's a little waterside town and it's got wooden walkways and little stores and saloon looking things all along.
There's even horse and buggies trotting around.
We got some ice cream and then wandered around, while I took pictures of completely random things that caught my eye.


Like this staircase. I love staircases and stairs and this apartment was all old fashioned with it's bricks and metal.



Speaking of bricks, look at these.
Old Sacramento was built in around 1849 and a lot of the buildings are still really old ones.
Since it's on the waterfront it was flooded a lot so they actually raised the whole town at one point, which I found fascinating. 
There's still a lot of places where parts of the city weren't raised and you can go down stairs to them. 


There was also a lot of little kind of hideaways, like down here off the side of the main street. 
It's really funny imagining that someone would have been walking up those steps from that house a hundred years ago. 


LOOK AT ALL THIS BRICK AND CONCRETE. 


Now this was really cool, the entire portion of the place that was all wooden. 
We were there as evening set in too so it all looked amazing. 
Sadly I don't have the skills to convey the coolness. 


There was railroad tracks lacing the place too. 


This is the only shot I got of the water, but you can see the buildings extend over it. 

And last but not least, a completely covered wall which I thought was super cool.


Anyhow, that's this leg of my trip covered. 
The next one will be the last. 
My second trip down to San Francisco and getting home. 

Kinda disappointed at the lack of photos I took here, because it's really such a cool place, especially if you're a huge history nerd like me. 

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I'll try get back to you as soon as I can~