Monday 1 September 2014

California Trip pt.3

hello~

I'm back with another segment of my trip.
The reason I'm doing it in so many segments is because I don't want to be making one huge picture heavy post, and it cuts my trip in to the different things I did.

So here's the first of the two times we went down to San Francisco.


We took the Megabus, which was awesome because it was cheap and exactly what we needed, not to mention a relatively comfortable, medium-length drive.

This huge coke sign was one of the first things I passed as we made our way to the city.
I have no idea how old it is, but it looks lovely and vintage.


Another random pass-by.
An old light up hotel sign, which I was fascinated by.
I can just imagine it lighting up and flickering like in some old film.

I don't know exactly where we went, but it was some large shopping centre with some incredible architecture.



It reminded me a lot of the Queen Victoria Building in Sydney so I got a bit excited, especially with huge windows like that. 
I really like big windows. 


Next we went to the absolutely massive Forever21, which had this awesome roof complete with chandeliers, which reminded me a lot of one of my old houses. 
I love this style of the intricate designs, gold, and chandeliers, slightly french.

Then we moved on, making our way to China Town. 
There were a lot of cable cars passing us, and I got a couple shots of them. 



Another random building shot, because along with signs and windows, I love the metal stairs that a lot of these city buildings had. 
Imagine sitting out on one of those on a cool summer evening. (Life Goals)



And of course, I couldn't pass up the chance to take pictures of flowers.


Another thing we passed several of, were these incredible little "Kiosk Museums"


They're basically exactly what they sound like.
Little Kiosks with Museum artifices and little signs explaining what the items were along with facts pertaining to each of them. 
History is one of my absolute favourite subjects so I found these super cool and interesting. 

Finally we made it to China Town and I wasn't let down with the lanterns decorating the air everywhere you looked. 


We weren't there for too long, and sadly this was the only picture I managed to get. 

We left China Town and found a cute tiny park in the middle of the city, in which we sat down for a while to rest our dying feet. 

I snapped a couple pictures before leaving to make our bus back home. 


Of course, more buildings and stairs.


And this adorable church across the street.
It was very old and charming.

Finally we were on our way home, and closer to the end of the drive, the moon looked absolutely /incredible/

Unfortunately my blurry picture does it no justice, but it was big and golden.


That is true to colour there, but it was about three times bigger in real life. 
I really wanted to get a shot of it between the palm trees as we got closer to Sacramento, but my camera had other ideas. 

That was it for the third leg of my journey.
Next time join me as I explore quite possibly my favourite part of my trip, Old Sacramento!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I'll try get back to you as soon as I can~