Thursday 14 August 2014

California Trip pt.1

hello~

So as promised (although much much after promised) is my California trip!

-----------------

My flight left around 1:00 Hawaii Time, so I was at the airport around 11.

After checking in and going through the security checkpoints, I meandered over to my gate where I would be waiting for a couple hours.

Honolulu airport has this adorable little asian garden area for people to walk around.



I was pretty lazy though so I popped down for a little while and then came back up so I could sit at my gate.

After sitting on my phone for an hour or so, it was finally time to board.
It didn't take long for my flight to take off, and I took a few shots of Oahu from the air.


Including the famous Diamond Head Volcano.


Seeing as California is 3 hours ahead of Hawaii, I got to see the sunset from my window.


After a quick five hour flight, I finally saw San Fran lights. 



After being stuck on an island for over two years I was excited to go to a proper city, to say the least.

(Big Bang T.O.P Mask, ebay, $3.75 + shipping. Great for asthmatics/allergy prone people on planes, or even if you just dislike getting dry sinuses.)

I arrived at 10:00pm and we had a 2-3 hour drive back to sacramento (Thanks to my wonderful aunt and cousins that homed me and transported me the two weeks I was there!)

The first day we didn't do much, but we went to Fresh Choice for dinner!
I'd been there the first time I'd gone to California back in 2011 and the idea of buffet style eating was exciting and foreign.



(Bear with me, I haven't perfected the food shots yet.)

The next day I think we went to one of the smaller Sacramento malls.


I beautiful half made face :|

I snapped a shot of this covered wall while we walked along. (As you will see.... I love covered walls.)


I also went to a drive-in cinema with my cousin and a couple of her friends!
I've never been to a drive-in before so it was super fun.
It got really cold but we had blankets and snacks for days.


My attempt at making an arty picture at the drive-in.

At some point that week we also went to Sac's Korean Plaza, which had a huge Korean market, and Nature Republic.

First we went to the market, and all the fresh vegetables had me in love.


There is nothing more beautiful than fresh vegetables.
I also bought some of the famous Choco Pie.


I've been wanting to try these ever since Minho of SHINee specifically brought one to England in SHINee's One Fine Day for his football player idol.
They were a little stale from being shipped from Korea to California.

On to Nature Republic!


The first thing you will notice is that the entire storefront is plastered in Exo posters.
I screamed.
I also wanted to peel off every poster and take them home.
But I didn't.


A closer look at the posters, and the little stand they had outside the door.

I bought a few things, some lip colour, soap and lotion, nail polish, a couple masks, and various other things, which are now scattered though out my makeup collections.




But, they had a promotion where if you spent x amount of money, you got a free little plastic poster thing, and if you spent xx amount, you get a paper poster like on their walls, or if you spent xxx amount, you get a calendar.

Now funny story this.
My cousin and I spent xx amount, (it was something like $60+ for the paper poster.) and the woman was super nice and talking about Exo and stuff, so she gave us BOTH a poster, and THEN.
The cash register was not working.
(at first I panicked because I thought there was something wrong with my credit card)
But it turned out there was something wrong with their system, so she walked us over to another shop to do the transaction there, and gave us the Exo calendars as compensation for our time and trouble.

Honestly it hadn't been a problem but I wasn't about to say no to the $100 value calendar.
I don't have a picture of it on hand, but I'll be sure to pull it out some time.
However, here's a picture of me and the poster.


*cough* can you tell who my current bias is.

Anyway, this post is already drowning in the pictures, so I'll leave the rest of my pictures for other posts!
Be sure to check back and see the rest of my cali adventure.

Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I'll try get back to you as soon as I can~